Fish pie, but with a twist! Instead of spending ages peeling, cooking and mashing potatoes for the top, try using frozen chips instead. So easy and kids will love it!
Prep time: two minutes | Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 500ml milk
- 75g grated cheddar
- 1 tsp French mustard
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- 340g fish pie mix (salmon, cod and smoked haddock)
- 100g frozen prawns
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 100g frozen peas
- 500g frozen chips (thick-cut)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6.
- Add the butter to a saucepan and melt on the hob over a medium heat. Add the flour and cook for one minute, stirring the whole time. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk well, ensuring there are no lumps of flour left. Cook the sauce for a minute or two until it starts to thicken.
- Add the grated cheese, French mustard and garlic granules and mix well. The sauce should be thicker now. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In an oven dish add the fish pie mix, frozen prawns, cherry tomatoes and frozen peas. Pour the sauce over the top and mix everything together.
- Finally, layer chips on top and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
This fish pie will keep in the fridge for up to two days and can be reheated in the microwave.
Prep all of the steps then freeze the pie in its dish. Cook from frozen at 200C/180C fan/Gas 6 for 75-90 minutes. After about 45 minutes cover the top of the dish loosely with foil to prevent the chips from over-browning.
Recipe from We’re Hungry! Batch Cooking Your Family Will Love by Ciara Attwell (Lagom, £16.99). Order a copy for £14.99 from books.telegraph.co.uk
The post 2021-02-13 06:00:00 | Fish and chip pie recipe
appeared first on http://justlatestnews.com